picture of town fountain


News Icon

Snider Plaza REAP Strategy

News Icon

Apply now for the Centennial Master Plan Steering Committee

News Icon

Mosquito Fogging Scheduled for Friday, July 12. 

News Icon

Purse snatching suspect in custody.

News Icon

UPPD and HPDPS asking for public’s assistance to identify burglary suspects    

News Icon

Dive-In Movies, Summer 2019.

Park Reservations
Athletic Field Reservations
Tennis Court Reservations
Instructors/Trainers and Sport Clinics

Park Reservations
The parks are available for events such as birthday parties and picnics. Park reservations require a security deposit and a land use fee. For events over 200 guests, a formal request must be submitted in writing and approved by the City Council.

Reservation Rates: Park Events (excludes Goar Park)

Goar Park Reservations
Bounce Houses

Bounce houses and other inflatables are allowed in the parks provided that the following guidelines are met:

  • Users MUST obtain a reservation permit and indicate that a bounce house/inflatable will be used during the event.
  • Bounce house users are responsible for providing a generator to inflate the bounce house. The city DOES NOT provide electricity.
  • Water slides or any inflatables using water are not allowed. 
  • Adequate adult supervision must be provided at all times to ensure safe levels of operation. 
  • All inflatables must be free standing and may not be staked, tied or tethered to trees, tables, or other park amenities. 
  • Motor vehicles/trailers are not allowed on park lands, on turf, or on walkways. 
  • Bounce houses may not be set up if the fields have been closed due to wet conditions. 

Failure by the permit holder to adhere to these guidelines will result in the immediate removal of the bounce house from the park, loss of the paid security deposit as well as denial of future park reservations. The permit holder is responsible for any and all damage caused by their use of the park and/or bounce house.

The City recommends that park reservations be made at least two weeks in advance. For questions or reservations, please call the Parks and Recreation Department office at 214-987-5488. 

Soccer & Baseball Fields
Soccer and baseball fields may be reserved for general use by residents of University Park. When making a reservation, a roster must be provided that lists each player's name and address. At least 51% of the participants must reside in University Park.
  • There is a $10 hourly charge for use of the playing fields.

Requirements for Weekly Team Practices
1. The individual who is representing the team and is signing up for field space must be a resident of University Park.
2. At least 51 % of the members on each team must be residents of University Park.
3. A typed copy of the team’s roster must be presented at the time of sign-up. No handwritten copies will be accepted.
4. Each team may sign up for one practice day per week with a time limit of one hour.
5. Each representative is limited to sign up for two (2) separate teams only.
6. Once you have signed up for a practice day and time, there will be no time changes, date changes, or refunds issued.      
    Please make sure that you sign up for the exact time that you will need.
7. The fee for field reservations is $10 per hour.

If there are any questions regarding field sign-ups, or if you need directions, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department office at 214-987-5488 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Field Closure Policy
To help preserve turf and the infield dirt on the City’s numerous playing fields and open grass areas, any time a field or ball diamond is left unplayable because of wet conditions, closed signs will be placed on the field.  These signs will provide residents with quick visual reminders concerning the playing status of particular sites.  Once a sign has been posted at a particular site, that park’s fields or ball diamonds will remain closed until they are taken down (a sign does not prohibit the use of playground equipment at that particular park). 
The sign system will govern field use by athletic teams for the local YMCA, teams from the Highland Park Independent School District (HPISD) and residents observing open play.  Individuals or teams that use a field or ball diamond when closed signs are posted will be told to end their activity.  A second offense by that same individual or team will result in the loss of field privileges and could result in a substantial fine.  
Tennis Court Reservations

By continuing, you agree that you are the holder of the pass that is being used to make this reservation.

Click Here to make your tennis court reservation online.  If you encounter problems with this system or have questions, please call 214-987-5488.

Tennis Permit Renewals

You may renew your tennis permit by using our online system.

  • To renew online, you will use the SAME login you use for court reservations.
  • Pass renewals are located under the "SHOP" heading at the top of the page.
  • If you need to add a tennis pass, or change the membership status, please contact us at 214-987-5488.

To renew your permit, Click Here.

New Passes

If you are purchasing a tennis pass for the first time, you must do so in person at the Peek Service Center, 4420 Worcola St, Dallas 75206.  Hours:  Monday - Friday  8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Please bring a valid Texas driver license to verify your address (a current Utility Bill will also be accepted.  Payment in the form of cash, check, or credit card according to the fees below.

Fee Schedule

Instructors, Trainers, and Sports Clinics
All individuals or groups conducting any type of for-profit camp, clinic or personal instruction in City parks must register annually with the City.
Instructor Fee All Instructors $50 Per Year
Class Fee  Sports/Boot Camps and Personal Trainers    
1-10  Participants $50 Per Year
11-25  Participants $100 Per Year
26-40  Participants $500+$250 Deposit Per Year
Other Guidelines/Requirements
  •  At least 51% of the participants must by City residents.  
  • The instructor will furnish a roster of participants at least three days in the beginning of instruction.  
  • Field rentals for sports clinics will be allowed only during the seasonal rental period, and may only operate in Burleson, Caruth and Coffee parks.  
  • The use of tennis courts for sports activities is prohibited.
  •  Any violation by a clinic operator may result in the cancellation of his or her registration

Instructors and trainers must register in-person at the City's Peek Service Center at 4420 Warcola (just east of Highway 75, off of SMU Blvd.)  For more information about the registration process, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 214-987-5488. 

To view the Ordinance, Click Here.