Committed to Excellence
Apply now for the Centennial Master Plan Steering Committee
Mosquito Fogging Scheduled for Friday, July 12.
Purse snatching suspect in custody.
UPPD and HPDPS asking for public’s assistance to identify burglary suspects
Dive-In Movies, Summer 2019.
The Arbor - July 2019
Burleson Park is available for NON-PARK CITIES YMCA teams only. If you are a Park Cities Y team, please contact them for field assignments.
Here are the requirements for team sign-up:
Soccer and baseball fields may be reserved for general use by residents of University Park. When making a reservation, a roster must be provided that lists each player's name and address. At least 51% of the participants must reside in University Park.
1. The individual who is representing the team and is signing up for field space must be a resident of University Park.
2. At least 51 % of the members on each team must be residents of University Park.
3. A typed copy of the team’s roster must be presented at the time of sign-up. No handwritten copies will be accepted.
4. Rosters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, emailing your roster early does not guarantee a time slot.
5. Each team may sign up for one practice day per week with a time limit of one hour.
6. Each representative is limited to sign up for two (2) separate teams only.
7. Once you have signed up for a practice day and time, there will be no time changes, date changes, or refunds issued.
Please make sure that you sign up for the exact time that you will need.
8. The fee for field reservations is $10 per hour.
If there are any questions regarding field sign-ups, or if you need directions, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department office at 214-987-5488 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
The sign system will govern field use by athletic teams for the local YMCA, teams from the Highland Park Independent School District (HPISD) and residents observing open play. Individuals or teams that use a field or ball diamond when signs are posted will be told to end their activity. A second offense by that same individual or team will result in the loss of field privileges and could result in a substantial fine.
All individuals or groups conducting any type of for-profit camp, clinic or personal instruction in City parks must register annually with the City.
Instructors and trainers must register in-person at the City's Peek Service Center at 4420 Warcola (just east of Highway 75, off of SMU Blvd.) For more information about the registration process, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 214-987-5488.
To view the Ordinance, Click Here.